How to apply for GI Bill Benefits:

  1. If you have never used your VA Education Benefits before, you must complete Form 22-1990, Application for VA Benefits. You may visit and choose “Apply for Benefits”. You may apply online, in-person, request a paper application from the VA, or obtain a paper application from the school. You may also choose to call the Financial Aid Office of American Broadcasting School or make an appointment to visit in-person to obtain information and an application for Veterans Education Benefits.
  2. You must submit to the Admissions Office of American Broadcasting School copies of all transcripts from prior colleges, universities, or military education centers that you have attended up until the present date.
  3. Once your application has been processed, VA will mail to you 2 copies of your Certificate of Eligibility. You must submit one of the copies of your certificate to the Financial Aid Office prior to enrollment in school.

How to apply for Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Benefits (Chapter 31):

  1. Visit the VR&E area of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website  in order to complete Form 28-1900.
  2. You will be required to visit with a Vocational Rehabilitation counselor in order to develop an education plan and to determine your eligibility for benefits.
  3. Once approved, your counselor must submit Form 28-1905, Authorization and Certification of Entrance or re-entrance into Rehabilitation and Certification of Status, to the school’s Financial Aid Office.

Leave a Reply