Your financial need determines your eligibility for financial aid. In general, to qualify for federal financial aid, you must meet the following basic eligibility requirements:
- Have earned a valid high school diploma or its equivalent (General Education Development (GED) certificate, homeschool diploma, passing of state exam)
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Demonstrate financial need based on the results of the FAFSA
- Determine eligibility if you have been convicted of possessing or selling illegal drugs
- Enroll in and start attending classes. The Radio Broadcasting program offered by ABS is a full-time enrollment status.
- Be a degree-seeking student in an A.A., A.S., bachelor’s degree or financial aid eligible certificate program.
- Register with Selective Service if required (applies to males age 18-25)
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress in your program or course of study
- Document any Unusual Enrollment History
- Not be in default on any state or federal grant or loan received at any institution
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or trust territories
- Sign a statement verifying that you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes
FAFSA – link to www.fafsa.ed.gov website